Thursday, April 2, 2009

Friendship...what a blessing

I recently created a book club made up of 8 friends of mine.  Every woman is extremely different.  Our ages, backgrounds, belief systems, and a few different occupations as well.  The one thing that ties us all together is a fondness for reading and fellowship.  As I looked around the table tonight as each woman shared their unique perspective on our current novel, I couldn't help but feel immensely grateful for the people that god has put into my life that nurtured me into the person who I am today.  I remember going off to college with stifled and unrealistic views of the world.  God in his all knowing power and grace stripped away the layers from my eyes to show me an entirely different side of the world that I had never known and probably wouldn't have without the amazing people I call my friends.

"You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another." -Proverbs 27:17

No comments:

Post a Comment